Thursday, July 9, 2020

Gallows Humor Videos Help With These Tough Times

Sarah Cooper is just one of my gallows humor
lifelines in this terrible pandemic era. 
Sarah Cooper. Julie Nolke. And, of course, Randy Rainbow.

These are people I absolutely rely on as this depressing, awful, horrible pandemic roars on.

LIke everybody else, I get anxious, depressed, angry, frustrated over the way things are, the bad direction the nation is going in, and the so-called leaders who have utterly failed us.

Negative emotions like this are not sustainable. The wear you down, and you become brittle and hostile and standoffish and not somebody you want to be around

So you look for an antidote. The best way to do it, at least for me, is to just embrace the gallows humor the current situation has us in. Which is why these three people are my lifeline.

You can look Cooper, Nolke and Rainbow up on social media. I have featured all three on this here blog thingy before, but it's always good and to highlight them again.  Maybe they can be your lifeline

First, here's Julie Nolke with Anna Akana in "Pandora's Box"  We watch Pandora and Zeus having a Zoom meeting. And it is the ultimate example of a bad, stereotypical mess up of a corpoerate meeting between a boss and underling.

 It turns out, both are culpable here, and it's a parable of how the leaders and their middle managers are incompetendly mucking up our lives.



I know many people will disagree with me, but Donald Trump's voice just grates on me. I clench my teeth every time I hear that idiot spout his word salad.  Sarah Cooper comes to the rescue with her delicious lip syncing of Donald Trump.



And who can forget Randy Rainbow? I've stopped posting every video he puts out, like I used to, because as much as I love Randy, I can't be exclusively a Randy Rainbow fan club. It's so easy to ind his videos anyway.

Between his singing talent, his top rate ability to throw shade, the lyrics, and the ideas, and his pretend participation in news conferences, you can't beat him. He also has an encyclopedic knowledge of songs he can tap to turn into his perfect parodies.

And his naughtiness.  I'll spoil a joke because I love it so much: Rainbow sings that lately all his rallies and events are like his sex life: Nobody comes.

His latest video taps "Poor Unfortunate Souls" from "The Little Mermaid to bring us "Poor Deplorable Troll:

Watch:

No comments:

Post a Comment