Thursday, January 31, 2019

Are You Ready To Be Emotionally Manipulated, Er, I Mean Watch Super Bowl Ads?

A scene from "The Most Manipulative Super Bowl Ad Ever"
I admit I get into this every year around this time:  The Super Bowl ads appear, and you have all these images that tug at your heart strings, like the soldiers coming home, the Budweiser Clydesdale horses saving the day, or whatever.

I get sucked into all this, and I end up liking some of these ads. And sharing them. Which of course is what the sponsors of these ads want us to do.

I'll probably get so taken in by these ads I will end up sharing them with you in this here blog thingy. But oh, well.

Stephen Colbert has gotten us ready for this onslaught by airing an ad he and his team invented, called the "The Most Emotionally Manipulative Super Bowl Ad Ever." It's got everything: America, homecomings, puppies, tragedy, pride, warmth, people on the job, dedicated people. And of course the corporate product at the end.

To prepare yourself for the Super Bowl ad season, here's the clip from The Late Show With Stephen Colbert:

No comments:

Post a Comment