Friday, September 9, 2016

Guy Robs Bank So He Doesn't Have To Go Home To His Wife

This guy robbed a bank because he figures jail would
be better than going home to his wife,
who he apparently dislikes.  
I love my husband, and after four years of marriage, my heart does a couple little happy backflips when I pull into the driveway after work to see that he is home.

Which means my life appears to be a LOT better than that of Lawrence John Ripple, 70, of the Kansas City area.

According to the Kansas City Star, Ripple robbed a bank by handing a teller a note which read, "I have a gun, give me money."

So the teller gave Ripple money.

With the money in hand, he could have fled. But Ripple just sat down and waited for the cops. Even before the police got there, a bank security guard came up to him, and Ripple said, "I'm the guy you're looking for."

The guard took the money back from Ripple and held him until police arrived.

Ripple's a really bad bank robber, right?

Well, it turns out Ripple told the police he robbed the bank because going to jail would be MUCH more fun than hanging out with his wife for even one more minute.

Apparently, Ripple wrote the bank robbery note in front of his wife to ensure she understood that he was Fed. Up.

You think Ripple would have come up with a better way to walk away from a marriage that, at least to his perspective, really sucked. Divorce is an option. Marriage counseling. Just moving out of the house might work, too.

But, Ripple will get his wish. He's got a bank robbery charge hanging over his head, and if he's found guilty, he's almost assured of going to prison.

My only question is what will happen if they let him out on bail before his robbery trial?

No comments:

Post a Comment