Monday, September 26, 2016

The Big Debate Is Tonight. I Need A Drink

Donald Vs. Hillary tonight. Are you gonna watch? 
Tonight's the big night! Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump face off on the debate stage, and it's going to be one of the most watched television events in years.'

I know, I know, it's being treated like a reality television show. And Trump would win big time over Clinton in one of those tacky TV reality shows.    

Of course, the problem is reality shows aren't reality, but a presidential debate IS reality. I just hope who watch and judge the candidates tonight understand the difference between reality and reality shows.

Some people turn these kinds of debates into drinking games, and I'm tempted. But the only game I could think of is dangerous.

Take a swig every time Trump tells a lie. If I did that, I'd be rushed to the the emergency room with acute alcohol poisoning, so I don't want to go there.

Clinton and Trump have already been playing sort of pre-debate games. Clinton invited Mark Cuban, the owner of the Dallas Mavericks and a successful businessman who is NOT a Trump fan, let me tell ya.

Maybe Clinton figures that'll rattle Trump. And it already did. As always, Trump took the bait, tweeting, "If dopey Mark Cuban of failed Benefactor fame wants to sit in the front row, perhaps I will put Gennifer Flowers along side him."

Gennifer Flowers, of course, was said to have an affair with Bill Clinton years ago. Trump thinks women are fragile things, and figured maybe if Hillary saw Gennifer, Hillary would storm off the debate stage in tears upon seeing the woman who tried to steal her man.

Or something like that.

In any event, latest reports are that Gennifer won't be there after all, so we'll miss that spectacle.

As we all know, Trump isn't exactly good at taking criticism. Especially from a woman. Tonight, he will have to share a stage with a woman for 90 minutes, and much of that time will be spent listening to that women criticize him.

No doubt it will take supreme effort to control himself, but I think Trump will. The most interesting part of the debate will come a couple hours after the actual event, when Trump has had a couple drinks and goes on one of his Twitter Storm rants against the people who crossed him at the debate.

I can't wait to read his Tweets tomorrow morning! Well, actually, I can, but....

What bothers me is I get the impression we're grading Trump on a curve. Both Donald and Hillary are applying for the same job, so shouldn't we apply the same standards? Sure, definitely hold HIllary's feet to the fire.

Just as long as we hold Trump's feet to that exact same fire, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment