Thursday, September 22, 2011

Nirvana Masterpiece 20 Y.O. Already!

Yep, I'm feeling old. Nirvana's landmark album, "Nevermind" came out 20 years ago this week.

I do consider it one of the finest albums made, so I guess I join a lot of critics in that regard.

The lead single, "Smells Like Teen Spirit," is among my top ten favorite songs I can think of. True, you can barely understand what the lead singer, the late Kurt Cobain, is singing. And even if you did, some of the lyrics are pretty nonsensical.

"A mulatto, an albino!
A mosquito, my libido!"

But the rage in the song is so cathartic that you have to embrace it. Odd how such a chaotic song could have such great hooks.

So yeah, here's me, a 49 year old guy screaming along to Kurt Cobain. You can, too. Here's the "Smells Like Teen Spirit" video. Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment