Monday, June 3, 2013

This Photo of Police Dog's Last Moments Will Touch Your Heart

The photo in this post touched my heart because it hit so close to home. But it's a beautiful picture.
The Plymouth, Mass. Police Department
pays its respects to Kaiser as he is led
into a building for his final journey.  

Kaiser the police dog served the fine citizenry of Plymouth, Mass. for two year before kidney disease took over.

Kaiser's illness became so bad that the department had to say goodbye and let him go.

As you can see, the men and women of the Plymouth, Mass. Police Department salute Kaiser as he is led into a building for his final journey.

The whole thing stabbed my heart (but in a beautiful way) because Jeff and me recently lost our beloved Bailey the Wonder Dog to kidney failure.

Just as touching as the picture was the statement Kaiser's handler, Plymouth Patrol Officer Jamie Lebretton released.

"Kaiser taught me more about myself and my profession than I could have ever taught him. I feel privileged to have had a front row seat to witness his bravery and heroic actions while serving the people of Plymouth and my brothers and sisters in blue. Although his career was short lived, he made a huge impact that will never be forgotten. Kaiser loved being a police dog and I will miss him dearly."

Given the respect the Plymouth Police Department showed Kaiser, I think the community is being very well served.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment