Monday, June 25, 2012

Puppy Envy on YouTube!

I found myself feeling extremely jealous this morning.

I was looking at Buzzfeed, like I often do, and found a video of a dog barking madly at a lawn mower.

And that's why I was seething with jealousy. The video is fine. It shows a dog named Furious barking at the mower, wanting to fight it. As of 4 p.m. Monday, the video had 1,026 hits. Not huge, but not bad, and growing fast, presumably due to Buzzfeed.

But the jealousy comes from a very similar video I shot last September of my cocker spaniel Jackson, when he was just a puppy.  He confronts my lawn mower to charming effect. But alas, as of Monday, the Jackson video had just 65 hits.

If I think objectively, the lack of viewers might be because I haven't been marketing the video. Furious seems to have his own YouTube channel. I guess I have to learn how to push this kind of thing out there.

So in that spirit, here is Jackson in all his puppy cuteness last September, tangling with the lawn mower:




No comments:

Post a Comment