Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Weird Al Yankovich's "Word Crimes" Is SO Much Better Than It's Parody Target, "Blurred Lines"

Weird Al Yankovic is back, and apparently is releasing a video per day this week to support his new album "Mandatory Fun"   
Expect a new insane video per day this week
from the great Weird Al Yankovic's new album
called Mandatory Fun   


We already got his parody of "Happy" called "Tacky"

But I really loved yesterday's release. It was a riff on that overplayed hit from last year, Robin Thicke's"Blurred Lines"

Yankovic's madness for this is a riff on terrible grammar called "Word Crimes"

In this video, we're taken to task for inserting apostrophes when they're not needed, misusing words and spelling them all wrong. All done hilariously.

I especially love the dancing punctuation marks.

I admit I'm guilty of some of the word crimes Yankovic cites in the video. Those mistakes appear here in the this blog and elsewhere, but whatever.

Then again, I like the tradition of intentional mistakes. My father owned a tavern years ago, and everybody seemed to point out the "wrong" sign he posted that read "No Bear Feat"  Yeah, it was supposed to be "No Bare Feet" but my dad liked messing with people.

My guess is my father had no problem with unshod feet in this business but had real, serious objections to ursine derring-do.

So, I'm glad Yankovic has a new album out, to add to his decades long list of, um incredible videos. (I especially enjoy "Like a Surgeon" and "I Lost On Jeopardy" but that's just me.

Here's the awesome "Word Crimes" video:


No comments:

Post a Comment