Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Vermont Foliage in a Rippling Pond

At this time of year, zillions of photographs surface depicting Vermont's fine fall foliage. This year is no exception, and I've been among the throngs trying to get those great landscape photos of autumn colors.

Like some people, I like to play around a little bit with photography, taking shots that are just a little odd, a little different. Often, these efforts don't work out, but that's OK. The point is to have fun. Other times, the photos turn out intriguing, and I like them.

The other day, I pointed my Canon Rebel at the blue sky and colorful foliage reflected on the surface of a pond. I tried some of those mirror image shots of the pond reflection and real landscape, and they turned out OK.

But I decided to wait for a breeze to ripple the water, and took my shot then. The nice thing about the resulting photo, displayed in this post, is you really can't tell what it is. Looks like stained glass to me.

I'll keep taking traditional shots of landscapes and weather, which I like to do. And it's something I'm sometimes successful at. But the pond experience encourages me to take chances. That's the wonderful thing about digital photography. You can delete the disaster and nobody is the wiser.

No comments:

Post a Comment