Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Tragedy: Santa Failed to Deliver iPhones For Many

While perusing Daily What today, I saw a link to someone who compiled a whole bunch of Twitter messages from people from all over who are Not At All Happy with their Christmas loot. And that's an understatement.

It appears legions of people were fully expecting an iPhone or Macbook Pro for Christmas and didn't get either. Which, judging by the tone of the tweets was a greater tragedy than that horrible East African drought that's killing thousands of people.
Not everyone got an iPhone for Christmas
and that is apparently causing a major crisis.



Sample tweets: "No iPhone. I hate my dad." and "I'm probably one of the only ones who didn't get an iPhone or a Macbook Pro for Christmas."  Check out this link for more samples. 

For the record, I did not receive an iPhone or Macbook for Christmas either, so I'm one of the "only ones" who didn't get one.  My family, as always, was extremely generous with Christmas gifts to me, so I feel very happy. But I guess that happy attitude is un-American.

Apparently, I'm supposed to be livid that I didn't get an iPhone, so I'm clearly out of the loop. And I was assuming that if I want an iPhone, I'd buy my own damn iPhone. That attitude, I'm learning, is clearly a no-no, too. I'm supposed to be demanding tons of loot from people who can't afford it and have already busted their bank accounts giving me really nice stuff.

Come to think of it, I'm a really horrible person for two reasons. 1. I'm supposed to be mad I didn't get an iPhone and I'm not angry.  2. I did not buy one single person an iPhone. So I let down everybody, if I'm to believe the tone of the tweets.

Of course, there's something like 6 billion people in the world, so how would Apple churn out 6 million iPhones in the Christmas season? Yeah, Apple sells a lot of gadgets but even they have limits.

Sigh. All this is just another reason why I'm glad Christmas is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment