Saturday, October 22, 2016

Cher Updates "I Got You Babe" With James Corden, And It's Weird

James Corden and Cher have an, um, interesting take
on the classic "I Got You Babe."  
It's been a half decade since Sonny and Cher recorded the classic hit "I Got You Babe."

So, it's time for an update.

This week Cher and Late, Late Show host James Corden paired up to do an updated version of the song to keep up to date with our online culture.

Corden, dressed as Cher, and Cher, dressed, as, um, Cher, did an updated version called "I Got You Bae."

For the uninitiated, "Bae" means "before anyone else" and is Internet shorthand for "babe."

The Corden/Cher video is a little NSFW, but it is hilarious.

And given that Cher, now 70, is a big hit on social media, especially with her very active Twitter account, means that this version of the song works perfectly.

It does get a little weird. Sample (updated) lyric:

"When I text you an eggplant/You'll send me a nude on Snapchat."

Yeah, we haven't advanced much, have we?

Anyway, here's the bizarre and fun video:


No comments:

Post a Comment