Friday, April 18, 2014

The Scariest, Funniest, Best Political Campaign Jingle EVER

I know almost nothing about the Republican primary race in Mississippi between U.S. Sen. Thad Cochran and his challenger Chris McDaniel.   
Supporters of Tea Party backed Mississippi U.S. Senate
candidate Chris McDaniel sing his praises, spectacularly. 

I only know they're both pretty conservative, as you'd expect among Mississippi conservatives, and that McDaniel is a Tea Party favorite.

What I do know is my reaction to a video backers of McDaniel put out by a group called the Boomers.

The hair styling is my favorite part. The guys with their sunglasses and strange melding of Elvis and the Beatles on their heads is one thing.

But the women! I'm not sure whether they're actually drag queens, but I doubt a conservative like McDaniel would hire drag queens to promote his candidacy.

I like the setting with the gazebo, too. You're suppose to think "Old Time Mississippi," but doesn't the heavy car traffic and the gas station in the background ruin the effect?

I'm being critical, I know. The Boomers sure do have some enthusiasm, so I have to give them a lot of credit for putting it out there. Good for them!

It is truely a work of art. Skip past the really, really bad acting for the first minute and enjoy the spectacle. I sure did!



No comments:

Post a Comment