Sunday, January 22, 2012

Gabrielle Giffords is the Definition of Graciousness.

I'm not going to name names, but watching the overheated political news these days makes me weep for the callousness, dishonesty, hypocrisy and general ickiness in much of today's political climate.

Today, I felt a bit weepy for another reason. Gabrielle Giffords, the Arizona Congresswoman who was severerly injured in a shooting spree about a year ago, announced she is resigning from Congress.
Arizona Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords
announced Sunday she is resigning.

She released a two minute video explaining her reasoning. Mostly, she wants to focus on continuing her amazing recovery from a bullet to the brain. Her video is one of the most gracious, honest, commonsensical and optimistic things I've ever seen a politician do.

I was definitely moved, to say the least.

No matter what your political stripes, you've got to wish her well. And I think she will continue to do great things.

Here's the video so you can see for yourself:

No comments:

Post a Comment