Friday, December 7, 2012

Beer Can Prevent Colds, But There's a HUGE Drawback

Good news for beer drinkers like me: An ingredient in beer supposedly prevents colds, according to an article from the news agency AFP.

The sort of bad news is the study that show this cold protection was funded by a Japanese beer company, so the study might have been a bit biased.
Drink all of these at once and you might not come down
with a cold, but you'll have lots of other problems.

The even worse news is you'd have to drink 30 cans of beer a day to get any of the sniffle-fighting capabilities out of the brew.

I don't know about you, but given a choice between drinking 30 beers a day and having the occasional cold, I'd rather just put up with the cough and runny nose. Imagine the daily hangovers after the daily 30 beers!

I wonder if anybody will take the bait and drink 30 beers a day. How fast would the beer gut grow? How fast would the liver crumble up and die? Who would bring all those cans to the recycling center? And I guess you would become unemployed quickly if you drank 30 beers a day. Employers tend to frown on employees who are continuously blind drunk.

And if they become unemployed, how do they afford 30 beers a day. I can't see how this is sustainable.

It is Friday evening. So I probably will have a beer or two. But rest assured, not 30 of them. I want to survive for another day.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a 25 year old military service member, and I drink 12 beers a day. I have not been sick in over 5 years, I maintain 8% body fat, and as of my Special Forces Physical lab results 2 months ago, I am in exceptional health with no toxicity or unhealthy levels. I exercise 2 times a day, once in the morning as prescribed by the military and again at night for my own benefit. My input is that beer consumption COMBINED with exercise is the key to good health. As a caveat to this I will note for you that I do eat healthy as well.

    ReplyDelete