Saturday, August 17, 2013

Today's Diet Tip: Tapeworms Aren't Most Effective Method of Weight Loss

There's so many diet gimmicks out there. Mostly because so many of us need or want to lose weight.

So the market for diet products is HUGE, so to speak.
The world's worst diet scheme EVER  

Some diet schemes are better than others.   One method that is not recommended is ingesting tapeworms, according to the Des Moines Register.

I  can't believe the Des Moines Register actually had to tell us this, but there are a lot of stupid people out there, apparently.

The theory among the tapeworm enthusiasts is the creature lives inside you, and sucks up all calories from the newly revived Twinkies and the Big Macs you consume on an hourly basis.

Needless to say, there are flaws in this theory. Yes, there's the EWWWW!!!! factor, and frankly, that's a biggie for me. Even if tapeworms really were a good weight loss method, I'd rather just stay fat.

But for those who want scientific facts, I have those, too. Tapeworms mainly ingest needed vitamins, especially B12 not the calories so much.  So you just get unhealthy,  not necessarily skinny.

And, they really don't eat much, so they won't make you lose weight much.

But unfortunately, the tapeworm trend is hot, hot, hot. Women in Shanghai are reportedly snapping them up to get their svelte figure back. I don't know if being sick is that attractive, but what do I know about fashion and looks?

This is one trend I won't follow. Yeah, I could stand to lose a little weight. But maybe I'll just do the tried and true method. You know, eat healthier food, maybe exercise a little. more.

Because I don't want anything gross living inside me.

No comments:

Post a Comment