Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Photography: Beautiful, Frosty, Vermont Winter Morning

I was at work early Sunday morning, and as I looked out the window the sun was rising and sparkling off frosty trees outside my office in Burlington, Vermont
Frosted trees near Battery Park, Burlington, Vt.

There had been a little fog overnight, and the temperature was in the single numbers. The fog froze to the trees. Steam rose from nearby Lake Champlain, which still hadn't really frozen since it's been a relatively warm winter.

The steam added to the frosty surroundings

With all this going on, I decided to take a break and go outside with my camera.
A walkway under frosted trees,
Battery Street, Burlington

I'm not crazy about winters, even mild ones, but the surroundings outside Sunday made me appreciate it a little more, despite the love/hate relationship I have with the season.
That's steam not ice on Lake Champlain. The dark sky
in the background is the fog that was frosting the trees

No comments:

Post a Comment