Saturday, February 16, 2013

Winter Beauty in Vermont

As always, I have my trusty Canon Rebel camera with me in case something pretty unfolds in front of my face.
Skaters on a ice track carved into the snow on Lake Champlain
in North Hero, Vermont. That's Mount Mansfield in the distance
For some reason, winter isn't as great in my mind for photography as other seasons, but there's still a lot of beauty.

Last Sunday. a perfect Vermont February day, I stopped by a speedskating race on the frozen surface of Lake Champlain in North Hero, Vermont.

This evening, on the hill behind my house in St. Albans, Vermont, a lovely sunset help highlight the frozen Lake Champlain. If you click on the photos to make them bigger, you can just make out a pattern of little snow dunes on the ice covering the distant lake.

The little snow dunes make it look like the wind is stirring up waves, but the waves are completely still, that is until the spring thaw arrives.
Sunset as viewed from a hill in St. Albans, Vermont this evening.
That's Lake Champlain in front of the mountains.   

Another view of this evening's sunset
from a hill in St. Albans, Vermont.

No comments:

Post a Comment